Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Red

"Red is the ultimate cure for sadness"

~Bill Blass


I was going to do this post in a few days, but I had thought I would go ahead and post them today, due to the lack of sleep I got last night, I was unable to do the photography I had planned. The tragedy in Las Vegas hit just after I posted yesterday, and it pretty much consumed most of my time, waiting for updates on the news. I am not sure why I do that every time something like that happens, I guess some part of me always hopes the reports get it wrong. It didn't really happen. It was a false alarm. But as the night went on, it became all very real. It wasn't some ill timed drill. And the numbers involved didn't go down... they went up... and by the time I woke up yesterday, it was the worst mass shooting in American history! And it wasn't a group who did it... it was one man, alone in a hotel room, on the 32 floor. 

I remember years ago, my therapist told me that red was a power color, which made a lot of sense to me. She said it gives one an air of strength. Color plays a lot of roles in our lives, and I found the whole thought of one color making that much difference, I began to read all I could about how to use color in decorating. I am not really into Feng Shui, but I do enjoy decorating the rooms in our home in a sort of seasonal feeling. I bet you think my whole house is done in a fall theme... right? No, not the whole house, just the living room, which is done in Rusty Nail, on 2 statement walls.

The bedroom is Cornflower Blue, again on 2 walls. The guest bathroom is two toned. Blue Glacier and Roasted Corn. The coffeehouse is Meditation Green, my office will be Purple Daffodil, and the on-suite bathroom is Crisp Apple and Apple blossom. Each room has a different vibe, and I am enjoying that, because I find as I get older I need more places of refuge when the world turns crazy. It's funny how the older you get, the more you tend to appreciate your surroundings, especially your own home. I know I do. 

The Cornflower blue on the bedroom walls did wonders for calming me down, as I tried to sleep. When I finally did finally fall asleep, I slept only about 4 hours, be they were in a deep, restful sleep. And the cats helped too. All three of them were by my side, making me feel safe, and very loved! Unfortunately, when I got up, I then woke up to the sad news that Tom Petty was clinging to life after suffering a massive heart attack. I loved his music so much! So, my heart broke for a second time in 24 hours. 

Life is really hard. 

There will be time for the rant I have planned about gun control.
Right now I think I will sink into the colors that soothe my soul.
Put on some music. And appreciate how it all comes together to make me whole again. Life goes on, and it's just an unfortunate fact that we have to live through the bad. to really appreciate the good.

To everything there is a season,
 and a time and purpose under heaven.

#4 Leaf Of The Day
September 22nd, 2017
Old Sacramento, California




Mood: Reflective

~Me 

 

No comments: