Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Let The Cauldron Bubble

"The coldest day in fall
is at the Hallows Evening ball
where ghoulish fun avoids the sun
as monsters mingle wall to wall." 

~Richelle E. Goodrich
 Slaying Dragons

Halloween is coming soon, and the weather in the Bay Area, and the Central Valley, has been unseasonably warm. The only thing that really points to the fact that we are in autumn, is the early evenings, and the cool air as night falls.

We haven't decided yet if we will be home passing out yummy treats, or if we will haunt some of our favorite places like San Francisco, which is weird and fun any day of the year, but particularly interesting on Halloween!

A friend once suggested Santa Cruz for a really ghoulish time, and it's a fun thought because the vampire film, The Lost Boys, was filmed around the city, and at the boardwalk. Alan proposed to me there, on the beautiful carousel, so it could be a lot of fun, but it would be quite a drive back home!

It doesn't really matter where we celebrate I guess. If at home, we will probably do an all day marathon of our favorite thriller/chiller movies, and hand out candy! And if we go out, you know we will have a good time watching the ghosties and ghoulies pass by us, and wonder if there might be a real supernatural enitiy among them.

Yes. Okay. I do believe in ghosties. I do believe in demons and devils, but I also believe in Krampus, and Santa Claus and that I have a guardian angel! I believe in curses, and I think it might be possible that there is a thinning between this world and the next on Halloween. After all we don't know everything about how the universe works!

I am not completely hopeless though, I do have some lines I draw regarding legends and "what ifs." I don't believe at all in the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth fairy! Leprechauns are a fun thought, but nope, they aren't real, and neither is Bigfoot. I think the Loch Ness could be possible, but mermaids... no way... but I confess, I do love the story of the mermaid Ondine.

By definition, UFO's absolutely exist. Unidentified Flying Object doesn't necessarily mean little green men! That would be ridiculous! But now the grey aliens... that's totally a thing! Absolutely! End of discussion! Have you heard of Betty and Barney Hill? And demons can possess things, which is why I don't frequent yard sales! Not that I would buy a doll that looked like Annabell, but who needs a table lamp that plots against you? Just ask Lorraine Warren!

How about you? Do you believe in the paranormal?
Do you at least contemplate the possibilities?
Have you ever seen a ghost?
How about a UFO?
A haunted doll?
Anything?

:)

 
 #26 Leaf Of The Day
October 26th 2017
Apple Hill, Ca

Mood: Happy/Playful
~Me :) 

No comments: