Monday, August 30, 2010

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #105: Nostalgia









"Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson. You find the present tense, but the past perfect."

-Owens Lee Pomeroy













EMPS #105: Nostalgia NOW CLOSED!
Let's take a look back in time this week folks! Show me the old fashioned and nostalgic! Old stoves, old refrigerators. If you have an avocado green tank water heater, it will do nicely for this challenge! I want to see the truly old. The older the better! I want to see not just old but truly NOSTALGIC!

Extra Credit: Share what your item means to you! How was it in it's hey day? Was the item passed on to you be a previous generation, or did you purchase it because of it's NOSTALGIC quality? Tell us everything!

**PLEASE READ**
This Monday Photo Shoot assignment closes next Sunday evening at 9:00 PM ET. Please submit your entries by that time by uploading your photo to your blog, journal or website, and then comeback here with the link that goes back to your entry. The link you leave must be to an entry which is specific to this week's assignment. A general link to your site will not work, and HYPERLINKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED. Also, please include a link in your entry to this photos shoot assignment so that other folks can find us and participate with us. The more the merrier... right? ;)

Linking List for EMPS #104: Photographer's Choice 08/23/10


1. Freda

2. Greg

3. Jama

4. Jr, Cline

5. Karen



I will post the list of this week's participants right here, next week, in my "Gone Fishing" entry.

Okay folks, as you know this is our last Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot of the year! I will be back on Monday, January 3rd, 2011! Be good while I am away. I will be checking on things here and there, and dropping by with a greeting for you during the holidays, so don't forget to check in here once in a while... ok? Okie doke... See you back here on Monday, January 3rd, 2011!

-Carly :)

Don't forget, if you miss me, you can always find me on TWITTER or drop me an email at...

Onidnemonet@aol.com


:)

4 comments:

fredamans said...

I'm here with my nostalgic post!

http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/08/ellipsis-nostalgia.html

Greg said...

I thought about it, I remembered a Trek, fond memories it was. Hey, I felt a little nostalgic about it. Great theme Carly. We'll miss you!

http://phototrek.446photography.com/2010/08/30/ellipsis-monday-photo-shoot-nostalgia.aspx

Greg

Jama said...

Here's mine:

http://mummyjam.blogspot.com/2010/09/emps-105-nostalgia.html

Karen Funk Blocher said...

The Museum of the Weird strikes again!

http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/2010/09/emps-dusty-memories.html