Saturday, August 28, 2010

RRC: Express A Feeling



"Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind."

-Earl Nightingale

RRC: Express A Feeling
Suggested Lisa, of "Lisa's Chaos"

Yep, that's me! Now all you have to do is guess what feeling I am trying to express! Here is a hint; I am NOT upset/depressed/sad/mad/ or otherwise blue! For some reason, I always get that from people. I am not an overly emotional person, which is sometimes misunderstood in one negative way or another. Honestly... all is good! In fact, the day I took that picture I was in the Santa Cruz mountains, enjoying a day in the snow. It was magnificent. It was a photographers dream day! So, care to guess what I am thinking as I snapped a picture of myself?

DING, DING, DING My "feeling" was guessed correctly by Freda... It's "CONTENT!"

I decided to do the bulk of this assignment from a slightly different point of view. You see, I like to express through the subjects I photograph, how I am feeling at any given moment. I guess you could say, if I don't feel a certain way about something, I don't photograph it. For me, it's the difference between being a "point and shoot" photographer and an artist. I like the feelings that come from looking beyond what's obvious. So, below you see a small gallery of photographs, and how I felt when I took them. Let me know what you think!



















One last feeling to guess, courtesy of my kitty Dylan...



Now that you have seen my entry, go see what the other Robins have come up with!

Linking List, as of 12:00 AM Saturday, August 28th, 2010

**Welcome New Participants

Carly... Ellipsis
Posted!

Karen... Outpost Mavarin
Posted!

Jama... Sweet Memories
Posted!

Freda... Day One
Posted!

Linda... Mommy's Treasures
Posted!

**Holly...Easy Living The Hard Way

Ethos... Passion in the Moments
Posted!

Sandy... From The Heart Of Texas
Posted!

Sherrie... Food For Thought
Posted!

Rich... Rich Image
Posted!

Mary... Mary Tomaselli's Photos
Posted!

Dawn... Dawn Elliot Photography
Posted!

Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
Posted!

Peggy...Who Can Discover It?
Posted!

Manang Kim... My Photography in focus
Posted!

**Maria... Maria's Space
Posted!

There is still plenty of time to join us for this week's Round Robin Challenge! Just visit the official RRC blog for all the details!

This is my last Round Robin Challenge for a while. I am taking some time off from blogging, but I will be back on Monday, January 3rd 2011 with an all new Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot. Hope to see you then! While I am away, Karen will be running the RRC all on her own! Be nice while I am away, because I will be watching!

:)

-Carly

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Carly,

Tough call on what your feeling in shot one, after you dismissed all the obvious ones. :)

You have some interesting shots in your series here, love that squirrel one.

I hope you have a good rest from the blogosphere.

All the best!

Rich

Linda said...

What a great variety of emotions! I love the pumpkins and that squirrel is just great!

fredamans said...

Lovely collection, but my faves are of you, Hendrix and Dylan! I would say you're feeling content.

Sherrie said...

Hi Carly,
I love how you did this challenge. Really outside the box. Love all your pictures. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Gattina said...

Very creative expressions, lol ! Your self portrait expresses what I feel when I do the same : Is my head on the picture ? So I would rather say you express hope ;) !

Scrabblequeen said...

I love how showed all those different emotions!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

So cute! I especially like the tree. He reminds me of Treebeard from Lord of the Rings.

The first shot looks like concentration to me, and the last shot hunger.