Thursday, December 06, 2012

Happy St. Nicholas Day... Did The Krampus Spank You?




"Your dreams are your spirit, your soul and without them you're dead. You must guard your dreams always. Always. Lest someone steal them away from you. I know what it is to have your dreams stolen. I know what it is to be dead. Guard your dreams. Always guard your dreams."

~Brom, Krampus: The Yule Lord




Today is St. Nicholas Day, but yesterday was Krampus Day... were you bad this year? Did you get spanked? Or were you good, and therefore alluded the Krampus! I guess the more important question is... Have you ever heard of Krampus Day?

You have? Okay, then you know all the ins and outs of one of my favorite days of any calender year. I like odd holidays days like Krampus Day. It has a rich history, but it hasn't been over told, or commercialized to death, yet it does serve to remind one to mind their manners. I mean consider this, if you don't behave, Santa will merely ignore you on Christmas, but on Krampus Day, if you haven't been good, you will have a demon following you around with a paddle. That's unpleasant. 

Someday, I hope to be able to go to an actual Krampus Day festival in Germany. It's definitely on my personal Bucket List of must see, must do experiences someday. There are a lot of different festivals and special days I would love to see and be a part of, but for now I will just have to settle for YouTube. :) That's okay, someday could be just around the corner... right?

I better be good, for goodness sake.

Bwahahahahahahahahha!

;)

The Story Of Krampus Day...

Note: I have been having some difficulty with the embeding link for this video, so here is the link to the YouTube channel as well.  (Krampus Day Special)



~Me :) Happy St. Nicholas Day!

No comments: