Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 159~ Oh The Lemons I Have Known



"When life gives you lemons, vote the bums out of office!"

~Me

Okay, I am pretty sure I wasn't the first person to say that, but in that I received my Absentee Ballot in the mail yesterday, I am relatively sure whoever did say it first wouldn't be too mad about me borrowing it.

Sigh.

The national election is only three weeks away, and I am really not sure about much of it. I don't want to vote because I feel like I have to, because voting gives me that option. Not voting IS voting. My heart is sick about the presidential election. I know I was impressed with Joe Biden when he debated Paul Ryan last week. He did good! He made me proud. But lets face it... he won't be the president, at least not yet. He could be in four years I suppose, and if so, I think he would be a much different leader than President Obama has been.

Sigh.

 Deciding my vote for president aside, California has a number of propositions that I have been waiting to see for a long time. Prop 34, 35, 36, and 37. 34 in particular is one I care about passionately. It would abolish the death penalty in California. There is so much wrong and disturbing to me about the death penalty, and I won't inflict my opinions and reasoning here, but I will say that I find it disturbing that America is the last of the industrialized nations to still carry out this barbaric act. I wish it was a national issue, rather than a state one, but perhaps one day it will be. Hopefully.

Okay, I have some thinking to do tonight... lol... a funny thought all it's own! LOL. If all goes as scheduled today, we will be in Glen Ellen for most of the day! The botanical garden awaits. It's going to be hot and amazingly lovely. This has been a gorgeous October. Now, off to get some blackberries and raspberries ready for the trip. Is there anything more lovely than a picnic lunch in the country?

Now, for your amusement, a collection of quotes about lemons...

"When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye."
~Cathy Guisewite

"When life gives you lemons, chunk it right back."
~Bill Watterson

"I believe when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... and try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."
~Ron White

"When life gives you lemons... You might as well shove'em where the sun don't shine, because you sure as hell aren't ever going to see any lemonade."
~Rob Thurman, Nightlife

"When life gives you lemons, make assless chaps."
~Angie West

All pretty good advice methinks. :) By the way, are you going to watch the Town Hall Debate tonight? I rather like that format, hopefully Obama will be a little more on the ball. We'll see.

~Me :)


Today's Link Comes By Way Of My Pal JR. Go See What He's Up To...

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-156.html

1 comment:

jr cline said...

I don't watch presidential election debates. I gave those up many elections ago. They never helped me make any kind of decision.
I hope you had a great time at the garden. I know you got some great pictures.

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-158.html