Monday, October 15, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 158 Sunshine



"Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot; others transform a yellow spot into the sun."

~ Pablo Picasso

Last week when we were in Apple Hill the sun was out for maybe 15 minutes the whole day. The weather was so bad that we had considered maybe postponing our trip for a few days because lightning and thunder was promised, but in the end we decided to soldier on. I am glad we did. There was some light rain, but it was a welcome relief from the humidity. All in all it was my kind of day!

As I said, the sun did come out for a little bit, and when it did, I just happened to be at an amazingly beautiful garden spot along the Apple Hill route. I spent about a half hour walking the path through the different autumn themed garden of mums and the occasional rose. It was gorgeous! And at just the right moment the lighting changed from dark to an amazing golden ray the landed in this patch of yellow daisy mums. It was truly a matter of having been at the right place at the right time.

This next week is looking good for our plans. We have the botanic garden in Glen Ellen and the Duck sightseeing and bay tour. I have my quack on and I am ready to go!

Quack Quack Quack Quack.

"Silence is not always golden, sometimes it's yellow!"

~Unknown

~Me :)

Now, go see what my friend JR is up to... he's an awesome photographer!

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-155.html

1 comment:

jr cline said...

Pretty picture.
Have a great week exploring and taking photos. :-)

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-156.html