Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 156~ Darkness And Fog Shrouding Angel Island



"Who is that trip-trapping upon my bridge?" Miss Davies spoke in the low, growling tones of the troll in the story. Some of the little ones covered their mouths and giggled, but most only watched her solemnly, accepting the voice of the troll as they accepted the voices of their dreams, and their grave eyes reflected the eternal fascination of the fairy tale. Would the monster be bested... or would it feed?"

~ Stephen King, IT.

It wouldn't be October without watching Stephen King's IT. Of all of Stephen King's magnificently written horror, IT is the story that captures my attention the most. There is a lot about it that I can identify with. Loss of a friend to an untimely death as a child. Bullies. Fighting through the fear... whatever the fear, and remembering as an adult that sometimes you have to tap into what motivated you as a child, to survive being an adult. It always amazes me when I encounter someone who carries a behavior of bullying past the age of 15. My neighbor is a bully. At least he thinks he is, but like with most bullies, he is legend in his own mind. I feel sorry for him more than anything else.


Anyway, if you haven't already saw the TV movie IT, or read the book, I highly recommend it! It's perfect for a foggy October night, with Halloween right around the corner!

"Come on back and we'll see if you remember the simplest thing of all... how it is to be children, secure in belief and thus afraid of the dark."

~Stephen King, IT.

:)

~Me

Today's Link comes by way of my pal JR. GO SAY HI! :)

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-154.html



1 comment:

jr cline said...

IT is wonderful. I've read the book a couple of times and seen the movie bunches.
Your Angel Island photo is beautiful.


Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-155.html