Friday, September 07, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 120~ Angry Pickles



"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."

~Jane Wagner

A Mostly True Tale...

He: That's a strange Smile you have on your face...stressed?

Me:  Yes, I am stressed. Why do you ask?

He: Well... you are picking pears off the tree and throwing them at the back fence.

Me: Oh am I? I hadn't noticed. Well... lookie there... (BANG) I AM PICKING PEARS OFF THE TREE AND THROWING THEM AT THE BACK FENCE. WHEN DID I START DOING THAT?

He: Did I do it?

Me: No, no it wasn't you.

He: Do I know who it was?

Me: Yes.

He: Oh... well... um... do I need to start burying the body?

Me: ALAN... that's a silly question... I took care of the body. It's not like I would be irresponsible or anything. I wouldn't leave it for you to do. I always finish my projects.

He: Does that mean you actually took care of the body, or does that mean you at least have a sense of humor about the situation that stressed you out?

Me: Well... if you don't know the answer to that... well... then I don't know what to say.

He: Are you going to be okay?

Me: Sure. I will be fine.

He: Good.

Me: Can I have a hug?

He: Of course, just put the pear down first.

Me: (Laughter) Damn you Alan, you always make me lose my mad.

He: Good. Then my work here is done.

Me: Alan?

He: Yes?

Me: Will you rub my back while I watch General Hospital? I just have to find out if Jerry Jacks kills the whole town of Port Charles.

He: Sure. Sheesh. The things I do for love.

Me: I love you to Alan.

He: (Pointing toward the house) Come on. ( As we walk away, he puts his arm around me, and we walk into the house, leaving the stress behind in the yard.)

The End...

Of...

A Mostly True Tale.

:)

"Stress level" extreme. It's like she was a jar with the lid screwed on too tight, and inside the jar were pickles, angry pickles, and they were fermenting, and about it explode."

~Fiona Wood, Six Impossible Things

~Me :)


1 comment:

jr cline said...

How nice to have someone help take the lid off the jar. :-)

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/09/apadf6-115-119.html