Wednesday, August 01, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 83 ~ Public Art



"Life beats down and crushes the soul, and art reminds you that you have one."

~Stella Adler


Not many words tonight, just a deep appreciation for art, and what can be learned from it. The Holocaust Memorial at the Legion of Honor in San Francisco, is perhaps one of the most moving art exhibits I have seen in my public art travels.  Seeing it made me sad. It made me want to know more about why, or how, humans could bring themselves to commit such an atrocity. It's hard to believe that this was ever a part of human history. A blight that cannot be washed away. All that can be done is to learn from it. Do want each of us can, on both an individual basis and as a clear thinking nation, if there is such a thing.We have to put thought into who we put our trust in.




Sigh.




~Me











Don't forget to go see what my friend JR has posted today. He is an awesome photographer, I have learned a lot about angles and lighting from him. 


:)


JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/07/apadf6-81.html

1 comment:

jr cline said...

I've never been there, but from your pictures I can tell it is a powerful installation. Thank you for sharing it.

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-82.html