Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 48~ Palace Of Fine Arts



"There are three forms of visual art: Painting is art to look at, sculpture is art you can walk around, architecture is art you can walk around."

~Dan Rice

 

The Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco is one of my favorite places to do photography. The grounds are so lovely and peaceful, I have found myself getting lost in the beauty of the place many times. When I am not enjoying it for it's trees and plant life, I am often amused by the birds. I have photographed many ducks, egrets and a heron or two, but the swans are the royalty of the palace. Its a lot of beauty to appreciate. It has a rich history in that it was built in 1915 for the Panama-Pacific Exposition, as a place to display works of art, and later becoming an and a 966 seat Exploratorium theater.

"Architeture, of all the arts, is the one which acts the most slowly, but the most surely, on the soul."

~Ernest Dimnet

The earthquake retrofitting that was being done a few years back was finished in 2009, so now it's time to go back over to the city and revisit the palace and do some more photos of this amazing place. I CAN'T WAIT. As I have been revisiting all these photos from my archive, I had a really good idea where I want to jump back in with my photography. San Francisco has NO end to the wonderful places to take the camera. I completely love it here. Gas prices are stabilizing. My health is doing better, and I am ready to get my groove back. So, the first week in August is it. New Photos. New experiences to share. New adventures. No more excuses. Hold me to it... okay?


;) 

"The mother of art is architecture. Without an architecture of  our own, we have no soul of our own civilization"


~Frank Lloyd Wright

My friend Steven, who I miss very much, every day, once told me, that if I couldn't get out daily to do photography on a grand scale, then try backyard photography. Flowers, bees, birds... . He said it would help me keep moving forward. He was right. I wish I could tell him. I wish I could say THANK YOU. I hope wherever he is, he knows how much I appreciated his advice and friendship.


~Me:)

Now, here is where you can find JR and what he is seeing today...




JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-47.html




1 comment:

jr cline said...

Lovely pictures of one of my favorite places in San Francisco. YAY!

I'm going to hold you to it! New pictures and adventures in August. :-)


Here is my link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-48.html