Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 47~ At The End Of The Day



"Each morning sees some task begun. Each evening sees it close. Something attempted, something done, has earned a night's repose."


~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


I took this photo about 7 years ago, on the way home from San Luis Obispo, California. SLO for short. I don't remember the exact area or town, it was just a tree that caught my eye. It had been a long day of mostly coastal photography along HWY 1, which started here in the Bay Area and ended in Santa Barbara.About an 18 hour trip start to finish. I don't know exactly why this tree caught my eye, but it I think it was the sight of it standing on the side of a hill all alone. It had such a lovely shape, and as the sun went down behind the hill, the tree took on such a calm presence to it. 

 I took the photograph from the car as we drove past it, and it was the last photo of the day. After hours and hours of photographing coastal splendor... it just felt good to end with something really lovely, that I had no idea would be there. It was nice. When I put the camera down I felt really tired, but very satisfied with what I had accomplished.


~Me :)


Now, go see what my pal JR has come up with for today. He's awesome with a camera!


JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-46.html

1 comment:

jr cline said...

This is a nice photograph. The one tree on the hillside has so many stories that could go with it.

Here is my link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-47.html