Friday, April 30, 2010

WA #316: National Poetry Month



I love poetry. I always have. I don't know that I have a particular favorite, but I must say, I enjoy the simplicity of a Haiku. I have written some from time to time, mostly as the spirit moved me. At times, something will happen, either in my life, or the world in general, and I will try to put my feelings about it, together with one of my photographs, in a coherent way. The essence of an Haiku is about linking nature to human nature, and that's what I have gone for here. I don't know, I think I am much more of a visual person, than a competent writer of poetry or prose, but sometimes one has to stretch out the creativity muscle. What do you think?

Reform
By Carly Gordon

Reform is the new word
Looking to make life better
NO is the new reform

Have you joined us yet at the Weekend Assignment blog? If not, this might just be the assignment for you! You have until next Wednesday to share your appreciation for the art of poetry!

-Carly

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LINKS IN THE COMMENT THREAD HERE, YOU MUST LEAVE THEM IN THE COMMENT THREAD AT THE WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT BLOG! JUST CLICK THE LINK BELOW!

Weekend Assignment #316: National Poetry Month

2 comments:

fredamans said...

This was an assignment I couldn't pass up! Awesome!!!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/04/ellipsis-wa-316-national-poetry-month.html

Freda Mans
Freda's Voice

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Reform is needed
No is not an option
As oil meets bayou!