Sunday, January 31, 2010

EMPS: Houses Of Worship

From For Ellipsis


"All architecture is shelter, all great architecture is the design of spacethat contains, cuddles, exalts, or stimulates the persons in that space."

-Phillip Johnson

Isn't it beautiful? That is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Oakland Temple, in Oakland hills. I have been looking at that church since I was a very little girl. :) When I was a child, I imagined it was a castle, and inside was a beautiful princess waiting for her prince. You can probably imagine how big I smiled yesterday, when I went to the temple to photograph it, and saw a bride and groom posing for their photos. If you look really close, you can see them right in front of the temple. :) Perfect timing.

This gives you a nice look facing back towards San Francisco, and Oakland which is in the forefront.

From For Ellipsis
And from the archives I bring you...

From For Ellipsis


First Presbyterian Church of Virginia City. In Virginia City, Nevada.

Virginia City is such a wonderful town to photograph. It is so full of history, and as you can see, beautiful churches! :)

-Carly