Monday, July 30, 2007

Silly Laws & William Shatner



"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor, and we are funny to God."

-Bill Cosby

Ok, so I was sitting by myself yesterday afternoon, having a good old fashioned poutfest, when I thought to myself, "Girl... get over it." It's time to get over it. Granted, I don't let go of things easily, and I am highly resistant to change, but if 2007 hasn't taught me anything else, it has taught me that change is going to happen, with or without my permission. It's time to get my humor back. So, while I have to admit I am still holding onto certain people, some distant places, and things, I am back on the path to whatever comes next. The simple truth is, I would rather be at OzzFest, then wasting time feeling sorry for myself. I would love to go to OzzFest sometime, I think it would be a hoot. It may not be possible this year, with all the stuff I have coming up, but maybe next year. :) I think Ozzy Osbourne is kinda cool, as is his wife Sharon. That is one smart, snazzy lady who knows how to live. :)

What do I need to do to cope with my situations? What do I need to do to live? What could help me feel a little better about things? I know... the answer is always in my love for music and humor. Two things we mortals simply cannot survive without. So, to get your week, and mine, off on the right note, how about a YouTube video of William Shatner performing Elton John's, "Rocket Man" at the 1978 Sci-Fi Awards. LOL. The first time I saw this clip I laughed so hard I cried. Now THAT is good for the soul. For those of you who cannot view video clips, rest assured I thought of you as well, and have compiled a list of actual Dumb Laws, that are currently on the books in certain states. So watch and laugh, or read and laugh, but just remember to laugh!

The Summer Will Soon Be Over... Don't Get Caught Being A Scofflaw! :)

Alabama
1. Bear wrestling matches are prohibited
2. You may not drive barefooted
3. You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket.
4. Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
5. It is illegal to wipe one's own car with used underwear.

Connecticut
1. A pickle is not officially a pickle unless it bounces.
2. You are not allowed to walk across a street on your hands.
3. You may not educate dogs.

Delaware
1. In Delaware you may not sell dead people for money without a license.

Indiana
1. A monkey was once convicted of the crime of smoking a cigarette and sentenced to pay a fine and trial costs.
2. It is illegal for a liquor store to sell cold soft drinks.
3. The value of Pi is 4, not 3.1415

Iowa
1. Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five minutes.
2. One-armed piano players must play for free.

Massachusetts
1. A woman cannot be on top in sexual activities.
2. Bullets may not be used as currency.
3. Defacing a milk carton is punishable by a ten dollar fine.
4. Mourners at a wake, must not eat more than three sandwiches.
5. Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.

North Carolina
1. Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited.
2. It is illegal to have sex in a churchyard.
3. Oral sex is considered a crime against nature.

Texas
1. It is illegal to milk another person's cow.
2. It is illegal to urinate on the Alamo.
3. It is legal for the blind to go hunting, as long as they have someone with them who can see.
4. It is legal to commit homicide, as long as you tell the person when, and where, you are going to kill them.

"Humor is the sunshine of the mind."

-Edward G. Bulwer-Lyton

-OndineMonet

No comments: