Sunday, September 22, 2024

Autumn Leaf Of The Day #1

 


“Aprils have never meant much to me, 
autumns seem that season of beginning, spring.” 

~Truman Capote
 
Can you believe it? We have finally arrived at the first day of autumn! A welcome old friend. I photographed this leaf in Castro Valley yesterday, after I dropped off some unused food and a test kit Dylan never got to use. Oh my. Autumn will have a much different feel to it this year, but as I have always said, and believe even now, autumn heals me like nothing else, and I am grateful for that! Hopefully it will fill my heart with every beautiful thing, and I will see beyond this overwhelming sense of loss. Sorry to be so maudlin, I won't be like this every day, I promise, but autumn is the season of letting go after a life well lived, isn't it? And all things in their time.

Autumn Begins
Sunday, September 22nd, 2024
5:43 a.m. PDT
 

No comments: