Monday, September 30, 2019

The Laurie Strode Of Flowers

"It looked like the world was covered
 in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon."

~Sarah Addison Allen
First Frost

This is the upper board, of an old fence, that sits in one of my favorite parks. Weeds have taken over, killing off the last of the spring and summer flowers, and there is such a autumn finality to it, that made me happy, so I photographed it. I would paint this one I think, if I ever do keep my promise to get the paint box out. A brand new clean canvas awaits, as does inspiration, so, like last year, I can't help but wonder... will this will be the year I finally do the painting? Shrug. Anyway, this pic reminds me of a ghost of a summer flower, who knows it's already dead by the hands of it's stalker, autumn, but is hiding behind the fence anyway. Maybe I will call the flower, Laurie Strode. Why Laurie Strode? Because Laurie, was scared and injured, but fought back, and I can identify with that these days. She's been my scream queen hero since I was 15. Why stop now?

I'm feeling creative. 

#8 Leaf Of The Day
September 30th 2019
Cull Canyon
Nikon


~Mood: Happy
~Me  :)

No comments: