Saturday, October 06, 2018

Maybe, Maybe Not And The Leaf Of The Day

"Why do they say ghosts are cold? Mine are warm. a breath dampening your cheek, a voice when you thought you were alone."

~Julie Buntin Marlena

I believe in ghosts. I believe in the paranormal. I believe in prophetic dreams. I believe in a lot of stuff. But mostly, I believe in ghosts. Since I was a child I have felt things around me that couldn't be seen. I could feel something watching me, and Ill say straight up, I can't prove there was anything supernatural there, in my presence, but it would happen randomly, and it was a strong, unmistakable feeling of not being alone.

Alan never experienced a single paranormal experience growing up, but since he had reached adulthood, he has shared some unnerving incidents, which might have had a perfectly rational explanation, but since we have been together, the incidents of things that have happened to us, that couldn't be explained, has increased significantly for both of us! If I told you all the weird stuff Alan and I have been through, your jaw would drop!

Actually "weird" isn't really the right word, because he and I have stopped thinking of it as weird, and have rather come to think of our experiences as stuff that is perfectly natural, but that most folks are too busy to notice! Although the word "weird" does initially pop up, when something new occurs. Like the photo you see above!

I took that photograph on Independence day of this year. He and I bought a box of fireworks, and had some fun in the front yard, while we waited for the Fireworks show began down at the Stockton Waterfront! We are lucky enough to have a direct angle from our house, to be able to see the annual display! Anyway, while playing with our own box of fireworks, we set off a set of cones, just after dark. I had my camera on hand to practice some night shots, and didn't notice I had taken that cool photo, until I began editing photos on my computer.

Now, I fully admit I was using a digital camera, and night photography with a digital camera can be challenging, but this shot is just plain weird, and I don't remember anything that could have produced either the shape, or the tiny orbs that surround it. It seems small, like a child, but in someways it also reminds me of my late cat Elvis. He was a lot of fun, and absolutely unafraid of anything! It's like fear never occurred to him, although he was an incredible judge of character, and more than once warned us about danger, by growling like a dog at certain people, who almost always turned out to be dreadful human beings.

Elvis passed away in October, of 2008. He died of cancer, and I miss him every single day! I now have three of the most loving, special, happy little boy cats, but Elvis is still in my heart. He is the one you don't get over! I have never seen an animal, or human for that matter, that embraced life quite the way he did! He did everything fully, there was no half way with him. And those of you who have been reading my blog for a while will remember, he insisted on wearing hats, t-shirts, and if it was sunny outside, shaded goggles! It was his will, and his alone. He was more human, than some actual humans I have known. And he was more trustworthy!

So it's not like it would hurt my feelings if he stopped by for a visit. He would only be visiting out of love, and because he knows how much he is still loved and missed. Sigh. On the other hand, if it's not him, I can't figure out who it is, or if the shape is that of a child, or a full grown person who was just sitting with us. Perhaps a former owner of our house, or maybe it was a residual ghost passing by, or I could be completely off track, and it was simply a trick of light. I haven't decided it is a ghost in the photo because I can't, there is NO proof at all that that is true, but it is weird, that of all the photos I took, this is the only one that not only didn't come out crisp and clear, but it's the only one that has this odd shape. 

Weird. There goes that word again!
Weird!

Here is one of my favorite photos from the 4th of July, not previously published on Ellipsis.


The Leaf Of The Day
#15 Leaf Of The Day
October 6th, 2018
Ione, California



~Mood: Curious
~Me    :)

No comments: