Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Dried Lavender


"Just as a painter needs light in order to put the finishing touches to his picture, so I need an inner light,
 which I feel I never have enough of in the autumn."

~Leo Tolstoy
Behr Paint
Purple Gladiola
MQ4-59
 
I love lavender. I love the color, and I love the plant. I love the scent because it promotes well being and a good nights sleep, and I even enjoy cooking with it because, in the right measure, it's downright delicious! I meant to plant some in our front yard this past spring, but I allowed other things, and certain people, to distract me. That won't happen next year! I am planning to paint my office soon, sometime in October, in a shade of lavender that the Behr paint company calls... Lavender Gladiola. I think it's going to look really nice, and I think it's going to do wonders for my mood.

Shades of purple have always been some of my favorite colors of fall. It's such a nice contrast to the usual oranges and rust shades. When I was a little girl, my favorite color was pink. Everything had to be pink, but as I grew older I began to enjoy all the colors my eyes could take in, with a deep appreciation for all of them. So much so that I really couldn't settle on one, but rather combinations. I think I owe that to my love of Impressionist art, and Claude Monet, in particular. Life his individual paintings, they all made me feel different emotions, so it helped me immensely in my photography, when attempting to set a certain mood. I used to plan trips around a certain color at times. To date, reds are the most challenging to me. 

Don't get me wrong, I also went through a stage of monochromatic. Everything was grey. EVERYTHING was grey. I looked for natural lighting that would produce a seemingly black and white photo, that was, in fact, taken in color. I loved that project. And from that I moved onto attempting to use the fog in the Bay Area, and along the coast to create photos with an ombre affect, which produced some of my better sunset photos, and one really good photo of the early morning mist, near Monterey, California, as the mist as it moved on shore off the Pacific.But this year, as I feel my photographic mojo returning, I feel drawn to shades of purple, lavender in particular. Oh... I did I mention that it's also good luck to plant some by a garden gate?

Here are a couple of my favorite Purple/Lavender
 colored leaves from the last couple years...

2015
2016

And now the Leaf Of The Day!
  
Leaf Of The Day
September 27th 2017
Manteca, California



Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: