Thursday, September 28, 2017

My New Lunch Horizons

'When engaged in eating, 
the brain should be the servant of the stomach."

~Agatha Christie

Mmmmm... lunch! I used to say, Mmmm, Mmmm good, but that is yet another part of my life which changed because of Trump. You see, he used to have a business advisory committee, made up of different companies. GM, Campbell's, General Electric, you get the idea. Well, it lasted about 6 months before Trump opened his mouth, and stupid, once again, came drooling out. Profoundly stupid. If you're not particularly into politics, you can read all about it here

Suffice it to say, Trump took a tragety, made it about himself and completely alienated those around him. It was Trump being Trump. So why do I have a can of Progresso Soup in the photo? Well, to be honest, most of the advisory board resigned in protest to Trump's actions and words early in the weekend, and it felt to me that Campbell's resigned because they saw the ship sinking, rather than because it the situation didn't represent the Campbell's values as a company. Half the board resigned over the weekend, Campbell's, and a few others early the following week. I know that doesn't sound long, but it felt to me like forever.

I know it wasn't, but real time and Trump time are two vastly different times. It is surreal to think he has been in office less than a year, and he has managed to cause so much divisiveness. Some that didn't exist before he took office, but some divisions did... and he uses folks to his advantage, to further divide Americans over American ideals and values. He is a master at playing folks, and sometimes the passion just takes over, and before you know it, the breach in understanding occurs, and the wall goes up.

In some ways it was all for the best. I have switched to Progresso Soup, which is amazingly delicious, and according to their website, they are Non-GMO and contain no food coloring or MSG. The believe is sustainability, and they have a line of organic soups that look delicious, which I will be trying next! The Tomato Basil was soul hugging tasty, and I paired it with some cheese toast. OMG... it was so good, a short nap had to follow! It was happiness in a can! LOL. Progresso is a product of General Mills, and I admittedly don't know a lot about them, but I will do some research. I try to not purchase from companies that go out of their way to hurt people, (cough... Hobby Lobby) but life gets busy, and in Trump's America, you never really know where the next punch will come from. Right now, I am just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!



If you like tomato soup, consider buying Progresso Tomato Basil. It's fabulous! And don't forget to pair it with the cheese toast, because to do otherwise, would be just silly!    :) With to cooler days of autumn, is there anything better than a big bowl of soup to chase the chills away? Well, maybe a cup of cocoa, but we will share that adventure for a different day! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Leaf Of The Day
September 28th 2017
Stockton, California




Mood: Happy

~Me :) 


No comments: