Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Dream Companionship

"Believe in love. Believe in magic, Hell, believe in Santa Clause. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams.
 If you don't, who will?"

~Jon Bon Jovi

Sure, why not? Okay, I am okay, I am still working my way through that shitstorm of a national election, and I am just about through all the stages of grief, although on any given day I will feel none of it, or maybe all of it, but mostly I am just moving along as life goes on! The world doesn't stop spinning off it's axis just because things come crashing down around you. And while I guess that's a good thing, at the same time it's exhausting.

 Next week we have the Electoral College vote, which I don't really think will change anything, but at the same time having the final count awarded to Hillary Clinton wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen in the last 18 months. So, there is a thread of hope in me, which means when the vote does comeback for Trump, I will be a crying mess all over again, but at least the door will finally be closed. That will be the the right amount of closure. 

I am not planning to waste my time on watching the inauguration on TV, I have NO desire to watch Donald Trump lie yet again. No, I think that will be a day of watching old movies, maybe do some reading, or perhaps some retail therapy. We will see when we get there. I know one thing, I plan to appreciate my life that day.

 I want to see colors, and laugh, and pet my cats, and just be in my own little world, like there is NO world beyond it, because the next four years are so unpredictable that I can't see the future, so why worry about it? Like the old saying... 

"Life is what happens, while we are busy making other plans."

~John Lennon 

But he also said...

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

And...

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. 
A dream you dream you dream together is reality." 

We progressives will live to see another time. We will survive this. We must. It will happen. I know it deep down. I am just tired. right now. John Lennon's words have gotten me through a lot of tough times. And they will again! I'm not alone in my dreams for the future, and that keeps me going!


Leaf Of The Day
December 14th 2016




Mood: Quiet/Okay

~Me 


 

No comments: