Thursday, December 15, 2016

Altamont Fog Part One... The Last Of Autumn Color

"There is October in every November and there is November in every December! All seasons melted in each other's life!"

~Mehmet Murat ildan

Alan and I had business in the Bay Area yesterday, so we went by way of the Altamont pass, and on any given day this time of year, you will have to deal with December fog! It was mostly light, and well on it's way to burning off, but it made everything look so beautiful! I first noticed it last year, when I occasionally went to work with Alan on Sunday nights! The next morning the fog on the way home really spoke to my creative side. I took a number of lovely sunrise fog photos, and was pleased with the results.

 I wish I could get out and do more photos like this, but now that Alan is working in the Central Valley, Monday through Friday,  time for photography is completely different! Because of my Fibromyalgia, driving myself around in foggy weather isn't always feasible, but on the days I can get out, I enjoy it very much! I had a good time doing the photos as we drove, I love the challenge of doing photographs on the run. I have less time to think about the shot, so I rely more on instinct. 

Yesterday, I did one set in color, and one set in black and white, based on the scene and density of the fog. I am hoping to be able to do more photos along the Altamont before the end of the month, but we will have to see. There is a heavy storm due in later today, and that will have an affect on the trees and leaves, so I may just stay local. Winds in the Bay Area are supposed to gust to 50 miles an hour in some places, so like I said, we will just have to see! But for now, the photo above is from part one of this series, in a couple days I will post the black and white photos!

Stay Tuned! 

 Leaf Of The Day
December 15th, 2016




Mood: Creative

~Me :) 

No comments: