Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Three Different Cats... One Week!


"A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, 
for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not."

~Ernest Hemingway

It's been quite a week for our three little furbabies. Dylan, that you see above, has finally begun to understand that our kitten Joey is a part of the family, he isn't going anywhere, so it's okay if Mommy plays with the little brother, because she still loves her Dylan. Believe me, bringing Joey into our family went a lot better than I thought it would, but there was some hissing and hostility. we were ready for it, that's a normal thing, and thankfully that behavior didn't last long, so I guess I am saying that all considered... it's apparent that Joey coming to live with us it was meant to be.

And isn't Dylan's fist and tongue cute as can be?
That's how he looks when he wakes up every morning!
:)

 Now Joey's Story...


Our kitten Joey almost isn't a kitten anymore! He turned 10 months old this week, and isn't he amazing? Honestly, he has the most beautiful eyes, and he has a really kind heart. He loves to engage in play, and tries really hard to learn things. He is quick, and playful, and very, very cuddly. He is just a joy to have around. We were happy with our two little boys, Hendrix and Dylan, and the last thing we were looking for was another cat, but now we can't imagine our family without Joey. He isn't the baby, that will always be Dylan's nickname, but he is the little brother, and that fits him perfectly, because that's how is siblings treat him... like he is the little brother!

And Now Hendrix...

 

Ut Oh... Guess who has worms? Yep, poor little man has worms, for the second time in a month! Sometimes these things happen... at least it's an easy fix. They should be gone by tomorrow afternoon, but in the meantime he isn't allowed on the furniture, so cuddling is discouraged. And honestly, I don't know who it's harder on, Hendrix, or me! I adore the attention his lavishes on me, he loves me...and snuggles into me...and watches over me... like no pet or human I have ever known. I didn't think another cat could possibly beat my cat Elvis in the affection department, but Hendrix does. He has three main priorities in his life. Eat. Play. Love.

Although not necessarily in that order!

Love always comes first. He is extraordinary!

It's amazing how much love is in our house!

:)

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: