Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ginger Ale...

"It's not what you have on the outside that glitters in light, it's what you have on the inside that shines in the dark."

~Anthony Liccione

Okay, so in a mad fit of photography boredom, I decided to return to a project I began in the spring of 2013... photographing food and beverage in an exaggerated and filtered light! I began that project because I somehow managed to contract a nagging cough. According to my doctor it was one of the harshest coughs the medical world had encountered, and it would just have to run it's course. And it did... eventually... 6 1/2 weeks of hacking later it was gone! But during the time I was ill, I saw very little of the outside world, so what could I do? I picked up the camera and did some experimenting with the lighting available to me indoors. I came up with a few photos that came out to my liking, then I added in some special effects that really made the photos POP. 

I had fun with that project, and while I was thinking about it the other day, I decided revisit that project, and I began to experiment with a glass of ginger ale. I liked the dark amber color, and was surprised at how lovely the tiny beads of effervescence looked in the glass! The bubbles didn't last as long as I hoped they would, so I may do this one over at some point. We'll see. I am waiting on the delivery of a new camera, so I might redo it with new one. It has a slightly higher megapixel number, so I am counting on that to bring my photos to the next level. Photography takes a lot of concentration, some planning, but mostly luck. Sometimes I think I use up every bit of my allotted luck in life, being in the right place, at the right time, with a ready camera in my hand. That's what I get for taking my cameras everywhere I go!

                                                                                     :)

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

1 comment:

jr cline said...

I like the ginger ale picture.
A new camera sounds good. What did you get?
Boredom is a powerful force and has driven some of my most creative (not always best results) endeavors.
We have to have our cameras by our sides. Don't leave home without it.
Happy Thursday.