Sunday, September 09, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 121~ From Angry Pickles To Purple Garlic



"All stories are true. But some of them never happened."

~James A. Owen, The Search For The Red Dragon

Still a bit stressed, but not feeling like sharing. It's a stupid situation anyway. It's not like there isn't any humor in the mess to remind me that all dramas tend to have a little comedy to them as well. But I don't feel especially good about the whole stupid situation with or without humor. So, I have some questions if you care to share your thoughts, all opinions welcome here!

Question: Why do people have to make life so much more difficult than it has to be?

Question: Why is it so difficult to get my first name right?

Question: Is it a good idea to address someone by their email address name, rather than getting their first name right?

My came isn't Gordon Carly isn't? No, my name is Carly Gordon, but AOL has a sense of humor.

Question:  So, if you saw my email address at the top of an email, and you have been told, many, many, many, many, many times... "My name isn't Gordon, it's Carly" why would you continue to call me Gordon?

Question: How many girls do you know with the first name Gordon?

Question: Is it too much to ask that people, who want to believe they are professionals in their chosen field, do their FUCKING JOBS?

Queston: What is the appropriate amount of times one should have to correct another, before one or both people are considered OBNOXIOUS?

"I believe that there is an equality to all humanity. We all suck."

~Bill Hicks


No, the whole DRAMADY isn't made up of someone who can't get my name right, there is a lot more to it, but it's the name thing that makes dealing with this particular person a final straw every time I have to deal with them. They share NO relationship with common sense. They are condescending. They are argumentative. They are dismissive. They seem to be whoa-fully uninformed. It's not easy to be all those things in one sentence, but I'll be damned if they can't pull it off every time!

I am relatively sure I won the last round. But I wish it doesn't always, ALWAYS come to that.

Sigh.

I feel like this person takes me from the reasonable me, to the unreasonable me.

Sigh.

I can handle myself. I am not a pushover. I don't start conflicts, but I don't back down either. But I hate confrontation. I hate finding myself on the defensive over things that shouldn't happen anyway.

Sigh.

I guess I am just processing it all.

Shrug.

I suppose it's a good sign that I am less Angry Pickles tonight, and more Purple Garlic.

Shrug.

"The most fatal illusion is the settled point of view. Since life is a growth and motion, a fixed point of view kills anybody who has one."

~Brooks Atkinson

~Me :(

Today's Links...

Welcome Back JR!

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/09/apadf6-111-114.html
 And
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/09/apadf6-115-119.html




1 comment:

jr cline said...

They should get your name right. That is a no brainer. oops...I guess I assumed they have a brain.

I usually assign people like this to the 'stupid' category and treat them accordingly.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes for these situations.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
-Anonymous

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/09/apadf6-120.html

Sorry I was gone so long. There was a software crisis at work that required a lot of overtime. Then I went to visit my daughter.
It's good to be back. :-)
I like the garlic picture and I'm glad you've moved from angry pickles to purple garlic.