Monday, June 18, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months Day 39: Common Interests



"Many realities hidden behind wall of perception."


~Toba Beta, Betelgeuse Incident


I love this picture. I had the best time watching these two... then I saw it... the rhino and the little brown duck are kind of similar in appearance. The coloration and the spots. Both weren't moving very fast, and I noticed that they pretty much stayed close to each other the entire time I spent observing them. I couldn't help but wonder what the two were thinking.


Were the rhino and the duck best friends? Was the rhino the bigger, older, sibling the brown duck had always wanted? Was the brown duck the understanding pal the rhino always wanted? The friend who was secure in their own identity? Maybe the duck and the rhino were both dreamers who wondered what life was like on the other side of the zoo? 


In the end, who knows. I guess I am thinking a lot about family and friendships because of this season of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. The underlying tone of the show has always been about relationships, both the ones we choose to have and the ones we are born into. Some say a friend is better than a family member because you cant pick your family but you can pick a friend.


Yeah... that's true. But sometimes friends can hurt you every bit as much as a family member. I have had my experience with both dynamics. I suppose there is no relationship that doesn't bring the risk of hurt, which is why I tend to go very slowly with relationships. It's an odd feeling to look back over those who have come and gone and know how much I still miss them. Some have passed this world, some moved and some went yelling and screaming in a mad dash out of my life. (Like Mr. November) LOL. I exaggerate... but it kinda felt that way at the time.


I don't know. It's just what it is. I know I like watching animals and their interactions. There is a lot that can be learned I think. Watching the RHONJ has some lessons in it to. I am just sad that those lessons are such devestating ones. I feel bad for the ladies. Life is too short. If only we all had a little brown duck, or a big protective rhino. Right?


"The question is not what you look at, but what you see."


~Henry David Thoreau


~Me :)


I can't believe I have already arrived at day 39! I think it will be easier than I originally thought to reach my goal. Well, so far so good anyway. The key to reaching any goal is to begin with something realistic. I did and then added a month to it. LOL. So, we'll see. 


My pal JR has been posting along with me, and it would be great if you want to join us! Go see what he has posted for today, it's always something great, he is an awesome photographer. Oh, and by the way, coming some time this week, I am going to post some photos of my cameras and the equipment I use in my photography. That would be a great way to join in, so please feel free to participate! Thanks again JR for the inspiration!


JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-38.html

1 comment:

jr cline said...

The rhino and the duck, nice shot and I enjoyed the commentary.
You're right, we all need a rhino or a little duck in our lives. If we are lucky sometimes we get both. :-)

Here is my link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-39.html