Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Photo A Day Fpr 6 Months : Day 11~ Rose Red




"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
 


~Mark Chagall


I have been meaning to show off some of the roses from my garden, and I decided to begin with the red rose.  What you see here is probably the most unusual of the roses, and believe it or not, it hasn't been retouched. That is exactly how the rose actually looks. It is a deep red on the outside of the petals, and on the inside it is a blood red. When fully opened, it appears to have a black edging to it, and is about 6 1/2 inches in diameter, with a single long stem, with one bud per stem. The scent is a deep rose/wine scent. I am going to do a cutting of this one next month, to begin an all new generation.

~Me :)

See you tomorrow!

Be sure to go see the Photo of the Day posted by my friend JR. He is an AWESOME photographer!

JR

1 comment:

jr cline said...

That is a beautiful rose. You really did a great job with the photo. I have a terrible time photographing reds. I can't grow roses either. lol

Love this quote: "All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."

Here is my link for day 11.
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/05/apadf6-11.html