Friday, December 21, 2007

Goodnight Autumn

"Now autumn's fire burns along the woods, and day by day, the dead leaves fall and melt."

-William Allingham

Autumn ends today, at 10:08 P.M. PST. Sigh. I already miss it. The colors, the sounds, the scents... everything about it just climbs into my soul. I know it sounds strange for me to say that I always feel a little bit of mourning when it is gone, it's just a season, it will comeback again, but I long for autumn all through the year, and it never lasts long enough for me. I know I would never grow tired of an eternal autumn. Oh well, here is a last look back at my favorite season, and what it brought me this year...






















"Delicious autumn, my very soul is wedded to it. And if I were a bird I would fly about the earth, seeking the successive autumns."

-George Eliot

-OndineMonet
"Sweet Spicy Autumn"
Carson City, Nevada
October 25, 2007
Late AfternoonH

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photographs just blow me away. It's so evident how much love you have for making art from your camera. I love the butterflies. I've captured a few with my camera over the years, but the shots pale in comparison with yours. Have you ever been to Colorado with your cameras?

Carly said...

Why thank you nekked lizard lady :) Nope, never been to Colorado, but I would love to go there sometime. It looks so beautiful.

-Carly

Steven said...

The skipper on white bloom is amazing! It's perfect.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

There are a couple of outstanding shots here that I don't remember seeing before: the duck swimming in colors, and sunset over a white landscape. Awesome! Well, they all are, really, but those are my favorites.