Wednesday, November 14, 2007

YES, YES, YES, YES; Now I'm In The Mood!



"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday, and celebrate just living."

-Amanda Bradley

With Thanksgiving just next week, I am already looking forward to watching some of my favorite holiday movies. When Harry Met Sally, is one of the movies I make it a point to watch. Not that it is a holiday movie per se, but the movie does feature enough holiday moments that I always associate it with the holidays, and therefore think of it as a holiday movie. The above YouTube clip is my favorite part of the movie, it never ceases to make me laugh. YES,YES,YES!

Maybe someday I will get to visit New York City, and if I do, how could I not drop by Katz's Delicatessen for a little noontime fun? I wonder how many folks have visited there, just to play out the scene, from what I think might be the funniest 3 minutes and 58 seconds in film? Would you have the nerve to do what Sally did, just to make a point? If you visited Katz's deli, would you play out the scene just for fun? Have you ever done anything similar in public?

Now, I bet you are asking yourself, "has Carly ever done something like that?" Well, yes, not exactly to the same degree mind you, but hey, a girls got to do what a girls got to do! LOL. Although, I have to admit that it is also true that I can be very shy at times as well. I guess I am a bit complicated... or is it difficult? Hmmmm? Either way, that movie always puts me in the mood for the holidays, and ummmm, a big, delicious, succulent, hot, Corned Beef Sandwich, with a big pickle on the side! Oh waiter, I will have what she is having!! :)

-OndineMonet

3 comments:

MyMaracas said...

I never thought of that one as a holiday movie, but it is one of my all-time favorites.

I watched the Mark Twain Awards show honoring Billy Crystal Monday night, and Rob Reiner talked about how hard it was for Meg Ryan to do that scene -- Reiner had to demonstrate for her what he wanted. (I'd pay money to see that little coaching session, wouldn't you? LOL)

Did you know the woman who delivered the "I'll have what she's having" line was Rob Reiner's mother? He thanked Crystal for one of the funniest scenes ever in film, and for immortalizing his mom. Who knew.

Anonymous said...

I heard a rumour that Katz's deli may be torn down to build condos. I went there in 2006 on a tour. They have the biggest sandwiches that you have ever seen. I would like to go there for some noontime fun. lol. Have a great day Carly.
Kat

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I went to an Italian restaurant once near Santa Monica Pier with my friend Robin, whose script for My Two Dads had just been rejected. He got drunk and started doing a loud Reverend Jim impression, drawing laughter and applause from the tables around us. I kinda had to forgive him, because he was brilliant! He later did a stint as assistant manager of the Laugh Factory comedy club.