Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Round Robin Challenge: "ABC's Of Autumn"

"Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter."

-Carol Bishop Hipps

Autumn is my favorite time of year. It appeals to my senses, and makes me come alive! My whole body feels invigorated, and I always feel at my most creative during this time of year. I even feel a little more sexy during the autumn months, not really sure why, maybe it's because I am just more at peace, after those long, hot sultry days of summer, when my mind is unable to think clearly, due to the heat. Autumn, by contrast brings relief, and the season plays to all five of my senses. When I go out to take photos, I put all of them into what I try to accomplish with the camera. I think it makes a difference, and things seem less one deminsional.

Our friend, and fellow Robin, T.J., author of the blog, "Photo Inclusions: Every Picture Tells A Story," came up with the idea of the "ABC's Of Autumn." The idea is to post autumn-like photos, which contain a subject which begin with the first letter of your first and the first letter of your last name. How cool is that? Thank you T.J. for the fun challenge you chose for us to do this time around. :)

Carly = Carmel Apples

Elizabeth = Elvis The Pumpkin

Gordon = Gourds


Be sure to pay a visit to all the Robins who are participating in this challenge, simply click on the links below. And be sure to come by the official Round Robin Challenge blog on Thursday, when Steven will be annoucing what our next subject will be! :) Hope to see you then!

Linking List

T. J. - POSTED!
Photo Inclusions: Every Picture Tells A Story

Carly - POSTED!
Ellipsis...Suddenly Carly

Karen - POSTED
Outpost Mavarin

Janet - POSTED!
Fond Of Photography

Teena - ***Welcome New Member***
It's All About Me! POSTED!

Nancy - POSTED!
Nancy Luvs Pix

Boliyou -
Percolation

Danella - ***Welcome New Member***
Deep Red Style POSTED!

Suzanne R - POSTED!
New Suzanne R's Life

Linda (Lou) - POSTED!
Blah Blah Blog

Kerrin - POSTED!
Kerrin's Daily Photo

Gem -
Journally Yours

Julie - POSTED!
Julie's Web Journal

Steven - POSTED!
(sometimes) photoblog

Derek - POSTED!
Through My Eyes

-Rrose - POSTED!
WAIT-NOTYET-/

Gina - POSTED!
Gina's Space





-OndineMonet
"Crimson & Gold"
Yuba Gap, California
October, 2005
Afternoon

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures you chose, I really like the kitty one.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

DesLily said...

Great pictures as always Carly!..
got to love "Elvis Pumpkin!!!"

Teena in Toronto said...

Those apples look very delish! Poor Elvis :) Ha!

Thanks for stopping by mine :)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Ooh, pretty! I'll have to look again from my computer at home. The computer at work makes the pictures too dark!

Suzanne R said...

Beautiful pics, Carly! The apples would be calling my name if I could eat them! LOL! And Elvis, what a boy! I love that shot of him.

alphawoman said...

As always...spectacular!

Anonymous said...

great job!! love the pics.

Anonymous said...

Love them all, especially Elvis :-)

Nancy said...

Perfect, Carly. I'm a bit stumped at the moment, but I will get it soon.
Lovin those apples...had I not been having all this damn dental work lately, I'd be biting into them right now!
Kute Kitty too...

Love,
Nancy

Steven said...

Gota love Elvis the pumpkin kitty. He's an honorary orange cat now :-)

Super Colors!

kmm said...

Love the photos Elvis never looked so good, what a cute cat

Anonymous said...

How in the world did you get Elvis to stay in that suit?!?

Great shots.

DEREK said...

Carly these are just stunning

Anonymous said...

Carly - Lovely shots - Cool Cat - your Elvis!
Thanks for visits!