Friday, December 04, 2020

Flames Of Autumn Orange

 

"The Sussex lanes were very lovely in the autumn. Spendthrift gold and glory of the year-end. Earth scents and the sky winds and all the magic of the countryside which is ordained for the healing of the soul."
 
~Monica Baldwin 
 

I don't know what these trees are, but I will definitely be tracking it down before next autumn, because they are gorgeous. Small orange leaves. Stunning. Especially when passing by a full orchard of them. The Central Valley is known for certain crops. Nut trees. Almonds and Walnuts. Fruit. Apricots in particular. I will figure it out. All I know is, I am going to have plenty to research this year, to keep my mind off all the things that would ordinarily worry me. The Audubon Guide to Trees, Western Edition, will definitely be on my list for Santa Claus. 
 

 

 

~Carly
Stockton, California
December 4th 2020

No comments: