Saturday, December 05, 2020

Use Of Color

 


"The music of the far-away summer flutters
 around the autumn seeking it's former nest."
 
Rabindranath Tagore
 
I love my autumn colors, especially as part of the design of one of my new favorite subjects, Mid-Century signage. That combination of orange and turquoise never gets old. Yet another subject I keep promising to do a lot more research into... the use of certain specific colors in Mid-Century modernist decor. I find it absolutely fascinating, which is funny, because I usually hated some of it's use on TV shows, when I was growing up. The Brady Bunch, for example. The Brady family had the colors of red and gold in their kitchen. I always found it hideous, but now, I see it with a completely different perspective. It feels good to still be growing and evolving in my thinking at my old age, but I do enjoy learning new things, so perhaps I will look into some classes online in decorating. I want to know more.
 

 
~Carly
Stockton, California
December 5th 2020

No comments: