Sunday, December 06, 2020

As Sudden As Winter

 


"Grief is always sudden as winter, 
no matter how long the autumn."
 
J. Aleksandr Wooton
Forgetting: Impressions From The Millennial Borderland
 
Autumn is slipping away. I have more feelings, or I should say, more complex feelings, about autumn 2020 than any other autumn I can remember, including the autumn Alan and I spent apart. But don't get me wrong, it's not all bad, it's just been a very strange year, that has left me over-feeling everything. It will straighten itself out. And I am happy. I am okay. Life is good. And hey, here comes winter. New things to photograph. New doors open, and soon, in just 10 months, autumn will be back, and who knows what adventures will happen between now and then! Plus, my dear Twitter pal, Joe, has agreed to continue our weekend autumn image sharing. It is great to have a friend who enjoys autumn as much as I do, and it really did help to make 2020 a lot easier to deal with! A LOT EASIER!
 

~Carly
December 6th 2020
Stockton, California

No comments: