Monday, December 07, 2020

Spiced Apple Cider Days

 

"Autumn side to our favorite, drinking spiced apple cider between caramel kisses. Flannels and new love flickering in candlelight. So, I hoped for a change in us in the fading summer. That we might remember the smells of the cider and the sweet sticky kisses. That warmth of our love, so vibrant and new. But as the seasons changed, I saw a change in us. And, I watched our love wither as the last leaves fell."

~Liz Newman
 
This is the first autumn, in a long time, that I didn't spend at least a little time in the Sierra, even if it was just a quick jaunt up to South Lake Tahoe. I missed seeing all the autumn colors in Tahoe and Nevada City, but I missed Carson City, Nevada most of all, but my energy just wasn't having any part of it. But it wasn't just about me, Alan needed some rest too, so we had fun close to home. It was all good, because this was an absolutely lovely season, and I have found a lot of new horizons to photograph, even in the last week or so. The Central Valley actually has a lot to offer in the way of autumn scenery, you just have to know where to find it. Next year I will be able to do a lot more autumn themed photography, a lot closer to home. That feels good. There is a lot of positive things to look forward to in 2021, and I have never been so happy to see a year turn in my whole life. If autumn has to end in a couple weeks, can it take 2020 with it? Please?
 
 
I just realized that his post is about all the beauty I have found in the Central Valley, and the pictures I chose to showcase are from Cull Canyon Park, in the East Bay! LOL. I have a lot of beauty to share this week, so you will get to see what I have been talking about. For now, I hope you enjoy these photos. I had a great time visiting my favorite park, Cull Canyon, this last Saturday! and there was a lot to appreciate and photograph in the natural world on that warm, late autumn day, in December.The season is growing old, and soon it will say goodnight, but there will be a lot of memories of how gentle this autumn was, at least it was to me. It was days of spiced apple cider.



~Carly
Stockton, California
December 7th 2020



No comments: