Tuesday, September 29, 2020

33 Days...


"A moral character is attached to autumnal scenes; the leaves falling like our years, the flowers fading like our hours, the clouds fleeting like our illusions, the light diminishing like our intelligence, the sun growing colder like our affections, the rivers becoming frozen like our lives... all bear secret relations to our destinies."

 

~Francois-Rend de Chateaubriand

Memories d'Outre-Tombe 

Tonight is the first of three debates between Donald Trump and Joe Biden, and I wish I could say I am looking forward to it, but truth is, I am dreading it. I am, or perhaps was, a politics nerd, but unfortunately, I am just too damn tired to put in any real effort into talking about it, with the exception of sudden bursts of venom I manage on Twitter. Take the graphic above as an example. I just made it earlier this evening, and it wasn't easy. I had to make myself do it. Now, I know what you're thinking, "No one made you do it" and of course, that's absolutely true, well mostly anyway. You see, I made me do it. I used to enjoy making my own graphics, especially for political posts, but my nerves, at least what's left of them, are completely frayed. So bad in fact that my patience is practically non-existent. Even with folks I genuinely like and admire. Sigh. 

Maybe it's just that I don't know what to expect. Trump is an asshole. Joe Biden can be an asshole, but usually it takes a fair amount of provoking, to cause him to lose his shit. Tonight has all the potential to be nasty beyond compare. My body hurts just thinking about it, but I guess it's a necessary evil at this point. Most pundits are expecting Trump to pull out a dossier filled with nothing but baseless innuendo regarding Hunter Biden, which would be funny if it wasn't so fucking pathetic. Dirty tricks of the 1950's. Paging Roger Stone! And just think... there will be two more debates after this one, and one with just Pence and Harris! The prospect of that one doesn't bother me quite as much, in that Pence mostly behaves like an adult, if one doesn't mind listening to him perform verbal fellatio on Trump. 

The next 33 days are going to be HELL ON EARTH! I am so grateful that I have my leaves to help me get through it. 


~Carly

September 29th 2020

Stockton, California

 

No comments: