Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Art About Town: Castro Valley... Sunburst

"The day was blossoming into a truly lovely example of autumn... the air was crisp, but the sun was warm."

~Sarah J. Maas

The Assassin's Blade

Okay, so last night the first debate took place between Donald Trump and Joe Biden. I spoke a little about it in my last post, sigh, as I sit here writing this all I can say is that it could be described with just one word... SHITSHOW. It wasn't just me saying that, in fact Dana Bash of CNN also came to that conclusion and said so on national television. God I miss real politics. Real debate. Real moderators running the show, not the candidates. Passion is one thing, but what Donald Trump does is not passion, it's dirty, filthy bullying. But I am not going to deal with that right now. This post is about art.

 Electrical Box art to be exact.

 These boxes are scattered all through the Bay Area and starting to make their way out here to the Central Valley.This particular box is titled, Sunburst, by artist Bhavna Misra. It's located in Castro Valley, at the corner of Center st and Heyer ave, in front of the Holy Cross Episcopal Church. I love the colors of it, and how upbeat it makes me feel. This type of public art has been a practical and necessary for the communities they are in. Making something so beautiful from the common, if perhaps a little mundane is magic. But that's what art does. It makes you feel. This kind of art has been around for over a decade, and each new one I spot ends up being a delightful surprise! I wish they had been around when I was a kid. I think I would have competed for a chance to paint a box for the community. What an honor it would be to make someone smile, as the are on their way to or from. I am very pleased that this exists in the world. 

 

 Today's Autumn Leaf Of The Day



~Carly
September 30th 2020
Stockton, California


No comments: