Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Surreal Of Summer

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."

~F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Great Gatsby

Summer and I are not friends. We never were. I do have to admit, however, that we have understood each other from time to time, and for the most part, found enough in common that we could tolerate each other. For example, who doesn't love a long summer day at the beach? Who doesn't love all the flying winged creatures of summer? Butterflies. Dragonflies. And then there are all the summer fruits and veggies. Oh my... delicious! Yes, I have come to understand that summer is one of those necessary parts of life. One quarter of the year. And summer must be accepted and dealt with, so in my old age, I finally made my peace with it.

This past summer, which ends mercifully today, was surreal. While most of what happened to us, happened in the summer share of the year, it wasn't the season's fault. No, the fault for the last few months lies solely with one person! She knows who she is. I will disclose the full story in time, but it is still hard for me to deal with on a public level. And unfortunately, I still have some pending decisions to make about how far legally I want to take things, so discretion is best at this point.

A part of me wants to put the whole thing behind me. We have found our home. We are settling in... very slowly... and with $12,000 less in the bank then we should have, thanks to that person, but we are getting by. We even have moments of amazing joy, so it's not all bad. Not at all. I guess you could say we are just tired. And we just finished a 4 month stay at a hotel in Turlock, which believe me, was it's own kind of HELL. 

How is staying in a hotel for 4 months HELL? Glad you asked, I will be sharing about that later this week. For now, I am going to say GOODBYE to Summer 2015 as quietly, and as gently as I can. The last few months were not the fault of the season.

A little side note: When I checked with the board of tourism for Turlock, California, about what there was to do in Turlock, in the summer, for fun, it suggested... 

Go To Santa Cruz!

So, it's not like there wasn't a joke or two along the way.

If I NEVER SEE TURLOCK AGAIN, 
PARTICULARLY IN SUMMER, 
IT WILL BE TOO SOON!
 Wherever You Are, Go And Enjoy The Last Day Of Summer
And Never Take It For Granted!

Mood: Okay

~Me :)

No comments: