Sunday, November 16, 2014

Autumn Moss

"The artist is a receptacle for the emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web."

~Pablo Picasso

Last month, on the day of the first really good rain the Bay Area had seen for a while, I decided to do some photos in Tilden Park, in the Berkeley hills. I knew the rain would make every thing gorgeous, and it did! The little droplets made everything look like shiny diamonds when the sun hit it just right. Well, almost everything. Spiders still look like spiders. But hey, everything else looked gorgeous!

Even this tree which was bare, except for the mossy tree.


Hmmm. While that red moss is kinda pretty, it somehow doesn't seem to really be moss! I am trying not to think about what it could be. Like maybe it is a cocoon that a some giant creepy crawly burst forth from. Or some odd alien kind of thing. Something Stephen King might write about. I know, it's probably just moss, but is there such a thing as red moss? Say yes! Yes there is! Please!

Fine. Now I just freaked myself out!

Leaf Of The Day

Mood: Intrigued

~Me :)

 


No comments: