Friday, February 07, 2014

Ugly Beautiful



"Imagine if we were capable of a form of empathy that lets us know one another by savoring the aura we leave on the things we have touched. We would go to a dump to get drunk on one another's souls."

~Robin Nagle, Picking Up: On The Streets And Behind The Trucks With The Sanitation Workers Of New York City

 

The other day, while out with my cameras, going from A to B, I spotted this pile of shopping carts, from different area stores, and for whatever reason they caught my eye. Interesting, colorful, and strange. They were just haphazardly arranged in some mud and refuse. Not at all something that would ordinarily catch my eye, but for whatever reason the other day they did. That is what I love about my cameras, without them I think I would live a much sadder life, a life uninspired. But when I have my cameras with me, suddenly the world becomes a much more open space. Angles, colors, smiles, frowns, light, dark, it all comes together in my brain, and fills me up! 

There is nothing like finding classic beauty, in classic ugly.

Mood: Inspired

~Me :)

No comments: