Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weekend Assignment #311: Cheese It!



"The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."

-G.K. Chesterson

Weekend Assignment #311: What is your favorite kind of cheese and why? Do you have it often or just occasionally?

Extra Credit: Is there a kind of cheese you hate?

MMMMMM...CHeeSe! I count my love for cheese right there with my love for Alan and the boys! Yes, that's right, the way to this girl's heart is with a wheel of cheese! Gouda, Parmesan, Ricotta, Swiss, Cheddar, Asiago, they are all my darlings. My love of cheese is so great that had Alan not loved cheese as much as I did, it may have been a consideration for not getting married! LOL. Nah, it's not that bad, I would have married him, but in complete honesty, he loves cheese as much as I do! It's a good thing,. :)

Hey, we both like to cook, and we do a lot of cheese related recipes. You don't have to use a lot of cheese in a recipe for it to taste good, we believe in moderation, but it does give an otherwise bland meal a little extra help. :) I don't know if I have a particular favorite, I like so many different types. I guess it just depends on what kind of meal I am serving. An example, if I am having a bowl of Tomato soup for lunch, I might grate up some Prima Donna Gouda to sprinkle on top. Or if I am making Lavender Chicken in Puff Pastry, I usually put some French Feta in the pastry and do a light Lavender/White Cheddar Bachamel sauce for the top. Delicious! :)

Extra Credit: Nope. No cheese I hate. Although there are some I don't usually use, such as Limburger. But hate? Hate is such a mean word. LOL.

-Carly

This Weekend Assignment is from Karen, of the blog, Outpost Mavarin. You can join in the fun as well. Just hop over to her blog, and get all the information to play along. We love comments, but it's even more fun when you participate by posting your own entry. Look for this week's assignment here on Ellipsis Thursday!



2 comments:

fredamans said...

How can you hate cheese? Silly... lol.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I must say I'm intrigued. Not just Gouda, but Prima Donna Gouda. Not just Feta, but French Feta. And what is Lavender chicken with Bachamel sauce? Amazing!