Monday, February 04, 2008

Karen's Weekend Assignment #201: The Food Rut

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-Yogi Berra

Weekend Assignment #201: To promote a new cooking show, a TV station is going to pay you $500 to eat the same basic meal every day for a week, prepared with only minor variations by their on-screen host. What's on the menu?

Extra Credit: Do you tend to eat the same thing all the time anyway?

-Karen Funk Blocher, of the blog, "Outpost Mavarin."

Pizza. I LOVE pizza but until recently, I had all but given up on it. I got a serious hunger pang for pizza a couple week's ago, and decided to check out my options as a diabetic. I have found some fantastic recipes on the Internet for some low-calorie, low-fat pizza crust. So, in my fantasy world, I would have that make believe cooking show host be demonstrating the wonders of the diabetic friendly pizza, and I would be more then happy to help them out. :) See, I still pay close attention to things like my blood glucose levels, even in my fantasies. LOL. I think that probably makes me just a tad boring. LOL. Oh well.

Extra Credit: Nah. I love a variety of good food. It is just Alan and myself, and I usually cook meals for two, or I make meals with leftovers that can be transformed into other dishes. As an example, Meatloaf becomes a Meatloaf Sandwich for lunch the next day, or maybe I will transform it into a pot of Meatloaf Vegetable Soup. But usually we have a different dish every night.

-OndineMonet
" Homemade Pizza Night"
February 1, 2008
Evening

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Looks great! I'll be right over for Yogi Berra's leftovers. ;)