Sunday, October 16, 2022

Damn Those Vampires

 

"Alone. Yes, that's the key word, the most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn't hold a candle to it and hell is only a poor synonym."
 
~Stephen King
 
He's just a lonely vampire. Flying around northern Nevada. I spotted him one bright, beautiful October morning, while on vacation in 2005. Life had been difficult for a while. Five or six years of pain and deep uncertainties, but one day the veil lifted and life became worth living for, and I found myself on a car ride with Alan, and a camera in my hand, off on a car ride. Sometimes it happens that way. Life can throw some awful curve balls your way, then over time a person does a reset, and life is back on some track. You don't feel the same, but you are okay with where you are. That's how I feel right now. I hope to get out soon and see some Halloween decorations here and there, maybe even in northern Nevada. We will have to see where the gas prices go. Back in 2005 gas prices were $2.89 a gallon, today it's   I suspect the prices will go down after the mid-terms. If only I could just climb out of my coffin, put on my cape, and soar into the sky, like gas prices are right now. Sigh. Maybe later in November at least some of life's vampires will be back in their coffins.
 
Damn vampires.
 

 


No comments: