Monday, October 17, 2022

Mating Dance

 

"October, crisp, misty, golden October,
 when the light is sweet and heavy."
 
~Angela Carter
The Magic Toyshop
 
Another beautiful group of Sandhill crane, along Desmond road. But this time I was in for a treat. Alan and I pulled over to check GoBird and I was adjusting my camera, when a fellow birder altered us that there was a mating dance going on, a little further up the road. We got there in time to see a bit of it, and now I hope to be able to observe it again. It was fascinating. The males splashed in the water, and then flew up into the air, flapping their wings in a grand style. They were out to impress the only female I saw there. The bird with the outstretched wings clearly impressed the young lady, and the other males took to flight. A little while later the male and female left for their Saturday evening day, and hopefully, some serious necking!
 
 I love birding!
 

 

~Me

No comments: