Saturday, December 19, 2020

October Leaves

 

"The fallen leaves in the forest seemed to make
 even the ground glow and burn with light."
 
~Malcolm Lowry
October Ferry To Gabriola
 
It looks like a perfect October pumpkin, doesn't it? I love this leaf, but the tree that it was on wasn't doing well the last time I checked in on it. Another victim of California's relentless drought. It is one of my favorite trees, and is in the quaint town of Ione, California. It's from the Judas tree, one of only 4 trees in that town I visit each year. It is one of my, new old tree friends, replacing so many that I had to leave behind back in the Bay Area. Please wish it well, and please pray for some rain for us. October is the prettiest month of the autumn season, in my opinion, and I am hoping next October will be a great big harvest of beautiful leaves of all kinds!
 
 

 

~Carly
Stockton, California
December 19th 2020
 
 
 

No comments: