Monday, December 21, 2020

One Last Sunset But Two More Leaves

"The Harvester was the rustling of autumn leaves,
 there one minute, gone the next."
 
~Jolene Haley
Harrowed
 
The last autumn sunset of 2020. No autumn moved as fast as this one did, and yes, I know, I say that every year, but this one really did! Maybe it was the anticipation for it to get here, or maybe it was because I was distracted by the election, Hell, it might have been because of my new hobby of bird watching, I don't know which, but it went by really fast! Oh well. Goodnight, autumn. Thank you for all the peace of mind you brought me this year. I will be waiting for you!


While it might be the last sunset's of autumn, there will still be one more autumn leaf to be seen. Autumn doesn't officially end until 3:02 am Monday morning, so why short change the season, right autumn?
 


 ~Carly
Stockton, California
December 20th 2020

 

No comments: