Saturday, November 21, 2020

Brown Sugar And Cimmonette

 
"It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust
 of brown sugar and cinnamon."
 
~Sarah Addison Allen
First Frost
 

 I said I might do some more teddy bear photos, and I did and I think this one came out pretty good! Heidi is a good pal, and so is her little pal, Cimmonette. I love the name, Cimmonette. I had a friend, when I was a small child, who was named that. I loved that it sounded so girly and a little like my favorite spice, cinnamon. I never really liked my name, but what can you do? Funny how that works. Anyway, I always liked the name, and figured I would name a beloved pet Cimmonette one day, but then Alan and I decided to name our cats after singers because of our love of different genres of music. It just worked out that way. I don't know... all's well that ends well I guess. I think my next object to photograph will be a honey bear, which, as it turns out, looks good in any lighting or setting. Some things just aren't fair!
 

~Carly
Stockton, California
November 21st 2020


No comments: