Friday, November 20, 2020

...About As Smart As A Box Of Hangers

 
"Change is coming, she whispered to the bugs
 bouncing off her window. You can't escape it."
 
~A. Lynn
Itsy's Ugly 
 
Alan and I were visiting Berkeley, a couple months ago, and as we drove down Ashby, I was snapping photos of everything I saw. I missed Berkeley a lot, so visiting was nice, and there is always something to see! Ordinarily when we visit, I spend, for the most part, in Tilden park. It's so pretty there, and it relaxes me to enjoy the trees and the wildlife. But on this day, I wanted to visit other parts of town, and so I decided that I really needed to visit Gladys, who lives on Ashby. You remember Gladys? She is my gorgeous friend (sculpture) who lives with her friends, in a strange little house with a lot of windows. Oh well, see below. If you know me, or have been reading this blog, then you know her, if you are new here, after you see her photo, if you have questions, feel free to ask.
 
 Anyway, it was on that day that I spotted a box of hangers, just sitting by the side of the street. I snapped the photo, with no real idea how I would use it one day, and promptly filed it away in my brain. Well, yesterday, as the crazy unfolded, I, for whatever reason, began to think about the box of hangers, and how Rudy Guiliani is about as smart as a random box of hangers, sitting by the side of the road. See, the perfect photo for the perfect situation and post. Let that be a lesson to you, never pass up a chance to photograph a box of hangers! 
 
Elle Magazine
 
Gladys



~Carly
Stockton, California

No comments: