Friday, October 02, 2020

The Sun, The Moon, And October Surprises

 

"October had tremendous possibility. The summer's oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised a world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles."

 ~Sarah Guillory

Reclaimed

 

 Last night the October, Full Harvest Moon, was shining in all it's glory, but like last month, the smoke from all the wildfires was painting everything with an orange tint because of all the wildfires. The sun and the moon, both look like pumpkins in the sky. Perfect to user in October. Hopefully, by the time we get to the second full moon for October, which will happen on October 31st, all the smoke will be gone and the wildfires will be a sad distant memory. For a few days last month, we had a few days of blue skies, and reasonable temperatures. By reasonable I mean it was under 100 degrees. In fact, it was a little chilly the other day, and I thought for a fleeting moment that perhaps we had turned to corner of autumn, but I should have known better. It will be at least a month before we get to that delicious point of the season, when I get to take out my comfy sweaters, and put my favorite blanket back on the bed. Its a great feeling to have the kitties curl into me to keep warm and feel safe.

So, besides the moon and the sun being turned into pumpkins, and that there is another full moon to look forward to this month, October arrived with an exclamation mark behind it for other reasons. The phrase "October surprise" was once applied to the Stock Market, something would occur that caused a large move downward in stocks. But it has also been used in the world of politics. This year's political October surprise, shook the world.President Donald Trump, and his wife, Melania, have both tested positive for Covid-19. White House aide, Hope Hicks is also positive, and is unfortunately suffering with symptoms. History will document what comes next. The Stock Market is falling, I dread the thought of what it will look like by tomorrow morning. Trump not taking this seriously, is what got us here. It's on him. Who knows how many folks will ultimately be infected by their careless actions. 

 

I don't have anything more to say, except I hope folks who attend his rallies, will finally understand, Covid-19, is NOT A GAME. Hopefully they will all be able to get tests. I don't wish anyone harm, I just wish MAGA cultists would start taking care of themselves. I encountered a Covid-19 denier in the wild the other day. I was coming out of Kaiser, after having some routine tests done, when I passed a woman and her mother, coming into the hospital. I overheard the mom requesting a mask, and her daughter turned to her and said, "Mom, you don't need one, trust me I am very well informed." I felt so sorry for that little lady. The elderly get hit especially hard by this virus. I wanted to help her, but her daughter gave me a dirty look, and then started to laugh. It seemed like she was laughing at me, for wearing a mask. There was a lot I could have said, but you can't tell folks anything they don't want to hear. It left me angry, sad and very frustrated. I am always going to wonder if that little lady was okay, if she caught it. It hurts my heart to think of it.

So, my post tonight was going to just be about the sun and the moon, and how they look like pumpkins, but instead, we, America, are now in the middle of a serious national security issue, 32 days out from a national election. And everything just got turned upside down. The words "October Surprise" have never been more pointed.


Stay Tuned

 Harvest Moon By Neil Young



~Carly

October 2nd 2020

Stockton, California

 

No comments: