Sunday, November 24, 2019

Under The Sacramento Sun... In Autumn


"Autumn is an interesting season, even in the metaphor of life, is a time of decline, of less, but also intense and haunting beauty. Some places, like some people, never are, or have been, as beautiful as their fall."

~Luigina Sgarro

I'm looking for the last sigh of 2019. We are six weeks or so from 2020, and it's a little scary. So much scares me now. I don't know how anything works, and I am constantly amazed by life and all it's little moments that make up a year. Happy little surprises and sorrows so sharp and quick it's like a worldly paper cut. Its funny that as we grow older we tend to have less patience for such things, rather than more. Doesn't that seem backward somehow? Wouldn't being the age I am, come with all the patience in the world? I mean I am now old enough to look back and see how I got here and what the road was like along the way. But being able to see clearly in the rear view doesn't make the road ahead have less potholes, or me any smarter about how to avoid them.A year from now America will have another presidential election, and there are no guarantees. A lot like life. If autumn manages to dawn next year, will I see it? Will it see me? Will my photography make anyone happy? Will art even exist? Life is too short for autumn to be reluctant. 



I made a new friend yesterday. Meet Doris.


 #63 Leaf Of The Day
November 24th 2019
Sacramento, California
Nikon 


~Mood: Okay
~Me  

No comments: