Monday, November 25, 2019

Autumn In Everything

"He couldn't stop smelling the air in great, deep, loud, sniffs. 
It was so delicious. It smelled of water, and mud,
 and maple trees, and autumn."

~Elizabeth Enright
The Four-Story Mistake

One photograph. Two perspectives. My autumn moods run the gambit between loud with color and vibrancy in all things, and silent and cozy, as if the whole world was under a warm wool blanket with me, enjoying a cup of tea and a good book! There is no real middle ground. That's autumn in my life. An almost decadent time of comfort and inner peace. Maybe that's why my creativity spikes this time each year. I can finally relax and breath after the scorching summer doldrums. Everything begins to look beautiful again in autumn. I mean just look at Doris. She was so perfect, that I just knew she was going to stun, regardless of whether I was photographing her in color or black and white. And look at her, it seems I was right! Autumn in everything.


#64 Leaf Of The Day
November 25th 2019
Sacramento, California
Nikon




~Mood: Quiet/Happy
~Me  :) 


 

No comments: